Participants in a St. Baldrick’s event shave their heads in exchange for donations towards cures for childhood cancers and giving survivors long and healthy lives. It’s a simple concept, a fun time and a very effective fundraiser. The St. Baldrick’s Foundation funds more childhood cancer research grants than any other organization except the U.S. government.
Thank you everyone for a wonderful day.
- Harlem Shake, Ben Sachs – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvb4CKNRBac
- summary: http://www.fairfieldcitizenonline.com/news/article/A-close-shave-but-St-Baldrick-s-razes-money-4325086.php#photo-4277126
- video: http://connecticut.news12.com/mobile/news/fairfield-residents-go-short-for-st-baldrick-s-1.4744375
- Harlem Shake, Jen Smith: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0QKRlXdC-w&feature=youtu.be
Opening ceremonies rocked with emcee Deb Placey and St. Baldrick’s Co-Founder/Past Chairman Tim Kenny. Thank you Salon V & Salon Vivid, Once Upon a Face, photographers Heidi Curran, Laurie Wright, Ben Sachs, Jen Smith and Vincent Ellis. We are still stuffed thanks to the over-the-top bake sale, popcorn, Skinny Pines brick oven pizza & Christophe’s Crepes. The bake sale alone raised over $1,000!!! insanity! Exhausted from playing with Legos – thank you b-cause/the Block Party! Loved listening to DJ E-Train and 99.9 live remote.
We registered another 11 people for the Be the Match bone marrow registry, bringing our event totals up to around 120. It only takes one to save a life.
Each year the St. Baldrick’s Foundation officially Knights an elite group who has helped shape St. Baldrick’s by being involved for at least seven years. There are currently 1,294 Knights of the Round Table worldwide. We have been pleased to Knight 15 people at our past events: Becky Andronowitz, Tom Andronowitz, Rich Baron, Dennis Brown, Mike Donahue, Todd Goodfellow, Roger Haney, Bill Keough, Jane Kronick, Dana McCreesh, Mike McCreesh, Scot Parnell, Deb Placey, Pete Reiter, Matt Wilcox.
We welcomed the folowing 11 Knights today: Scott Bisson, Bette Blackwell, Jim Burgraff, Chris Calise, John Cody, Anne Farkas, Sam Mahler, Ben Sachs, Neal Seideman, Stephen Seigel, John Wiseman
Thank you Sweet & Simple, Keough’s Hardware, Infinite Web Designs, Castle Computer, Cinch Food, Moffly Media, the Bridgeport Sound Tigers, Fairfield PTA, vineyard vines, Discovery Capital, Curran VW, Success Printing & Mailing, Trifitness & Nauti Dolphin for your support!
the HARLEM SHAKE: UConn Style: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWc9U-WF_1c&feature=youtu.be
Three more ways to support the St. Baldrick’s Foundation:
1. Pick up some TeamBrent Ravioli at Cinch (in the Fairfield Sportsplex complex). A portion of the proceeds ALWAYS goes to TeamBrent!
2. Join us at the Sound Tigers Hockey 3pm game on March 17th and a portion of each ticket will go to St. Baldrick’s. Call Sarah @ 203-345-4823 for discounted tickets ($19) as they will be $32 at the box office.
3. Support another St. Baldrick’s event (we especially love OHS, Stratfield School & Waterbury Fire). The money goes to the same place and the message gets stronger and stronger as the # of events increases.
We all rest in the shade of trees that we did not plant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2gVMlMyShg
Event Committee: Kristin Nierman, Courtney Yanni, Alicia Westerlund, Becky Andronowitz & Jane Kronick.